Event Date:Start at 12:00 AM
April 7, 2020 - April 8, 2020
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy presents a 2 day seminar to discuss the next steps for invasive species and biofouling control, share best practice and explore the latest solutions.
Unlimited networking opportunities
- Taking place at the IMO HQ shortly after The Marine Environment Protection Committee, bringing together all the key stakeholders, domestic and international regulators, academia and R&D professionals, technology innovators, shipowners and ship managers.
- 2 full days of discussion and networking with new and existing connections
2020 agenda highlights
- An update and review of IMO’s biofouling guidelines
- BIMCO’s in-water cleaning standard for ships
- GEF-UNDP-IMO GloFouling Partnerships project
- Vessel-Check- the global solution to IMS risk mitigation via shipping
- Technology innovations: Preparing for an environmentally friendly future
- Towards harmonised industry: The value of forming a working team integrated by professionals from different technical areas
Regulatory updates and technology innovation
- This event brings together the leading regulators, researchers and scientists to exchange best practices and research results on all aspects of biofouling
- Hear from leading policy experts on regulatory updates, learn about innovative technologies and discuss with your peers what are the next step for the environmentally friendly future.
- Global perspectives from Australia, New Zealand and California on managing biofouling requirements in international seas