Event Date:Start at 12:00 AM
July 12, 2021 - July 15, 2021
International Business Round on the Amazon Bioeconomy: Food & Beverage, Cosmetics and Biological Inputs.
In this edition of the BCB series, we will connect buyers from around the world with micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the Brazilian Amazon that supply typical products from the largest rainforest in the world. By combining the region’s biological wealth, the talent of its people, and the highest technology available, we seek to foster the sustainable development of the Amazon and its local communities.
The Amazon is the largest hydrographic basin on the planet and also has one of the greatest biodiversity in the world, around 15% are present in the region. The bioeconomy makes possible the economic and sustainable development of the still unexplored biological wealth of the Amazon region.
Thus, this unprecedented and free international round aims to boost the Amazonian bioeconomy in practice, through the promotion of local businesses related to food, beverages, cosmetics and biological inputs from the region.
This initiative is carried out by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) – ConnectAmericas, in partnership with the Trade Facilitation Program in Brazil, supported by the British Government, Palladium Group, Brazilian Export and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex-Brasil), Confederation National Industry (CNI), National Plan for Exporting Culture (PNCE) and the Support Service for Micro and Small Enterprises (SEBRAE).
Which Amazonian products will be traded in this Business Round?
- Food and drinks
- Biological Inputs
What will happen in this business round?
- Purchase and sale of Amazonian products
- preparatory workshop
Participate for free as a supplier of products in this business round!
Pay attention to the following selection criteria:
- Be a legal entity (CNPJ);
- Be a company located or have suppliers in the Legal Amazon*, with experience in exporting or have an export plan to start exporting;
- It is recommended that the company representative speaks English.
- Have a functional and active website.
The participation of companies led by women and afro-descendants is strongly encouraged.
* Legal Amazon is an area that encompasses nine states in Brazil belonging to the Amazon basin, established by the federal government via law 1.806/1953. These nine states are: Amazonas, Roraima, Rondônia, Pará, Amapá, Acre, Tocantins, Mato Grosso and Maranhão.