Event Date:Start at 12:00 AM
September 4, 2021 - September 5, 2021
This September marks the return of the Classic Boat Festival at St. Katharine Docks. This year’s festival, which will run on 4th and 5th September, will offer an impressive display of around 40 beautiful vintage boats and a wide array of unique waterside activities. It will be one of the highlights of Totally Thames 2021, a month-long celebration of the London’s iconic waterway and its rich history through a range of river-based events.
St. Katharine Docks provides the perfect setting for a journey through time admiring the festival’s historic vessels, chatting with their passionate owners and hearing their fascinating stories. This year’s boats will include a significant proportion of the surviving ‘little ships’ which rescued 336,000 trapped Allied soldiers on the beaches at Dunkirk in 1940.
Over the course of the weekend, you will be able to enjoy:
- Classic Boats: Climb on-board and explore around 40 vintage work boats and sailing and motor yachts including Dunkirk Little Ships and many others.
- Marble Quay: Outdoor seating area with street food market and live entertainment.
- Paddleboarding in the Marina: Paddleboarding London will provide free paddleboarding tasting sessions in the marina throughout the weekend, bookable at our welcome tent
- SKD Talks Programme: To be announced closer to the time
- Live Music from the Thames Youth Jazz Orchestra, on the Sunday only.