Event Date:Start at 3:00 PM
June 17, 2021
Are you looking to successfully start, expand or grow your UK business in Chile?
The UK and Chile have enjoyed a long and vibrant trading relationship based on shared values for international open market co-operation and a strong drive for innovative solutions.
Chile is the UK’s third-biggest trading partner in Latin America with total trade in goods and services between Chile and the UK worth £2.2 billion for the year ending June 2019, a 10.7% increase on the same period in 2018. This close and constructive trade and investment relationship offers multiple advantages for UK businesses looking to establish an international presence.
Why should you join this webinar?
This free webinar is designed to help your UK business understand the major market opportunities in Chile, the benefits of expanding to this market and how to overcome barriers when doing business overseas.
Join us on Thursday, 17 June 2021 to hear from our market experts as they share insights, tips and strategies to expand your products or services in Chile with success.
What will you learn?
- An overview of the current Chilean market
- Understand the cultural differences and considerations when doing business with Chilean people and companies
- Uncover the various business regulation considerations
- Learn how to formulate a market entry strategy for success
- Find out the barriers and common pitfalls facing UK exporters
- Receive advice and guidance from Chilean market expert
Meet our speaker
Cristina Irving Turner
Department for International Trade, Latin America and the Caribbean Business Specialist
- Cristina Irving Turner is the Business Specialist for Latin America and the Caribbean at the Department for International Trade (DIT). This role is based in the UK and is the face of DIT-LATAC for UK business with the specific remit to actively promote trade between UK-LATAC.
- Prior to DIT, Cristina was the Business Manager for Latin America and the Caribbean (LATAC) at Emerald Publishing. Cristina has over ten years’ experience in the academic publishing industry; within both sales and editorial departments.
- Cristina relocated to Panama from the UK in 2016 to be on territory and to be a central part of the Emerald LATAC team. She is a Spanish and Portuguese speaker and has recently started learning French. Cristina graduated from the University of Sheffield, UK with a degree in Hispanic Studies and English Literature and as part of this focused on the cultural output and importance of the LATAC region.
Who is this webinar for?
This webinar is designed for ambitious UK SMEs looking to do business in Chile and hear about the opportunities available for a successful expansion overseas.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition
- Be based in London or the South East of England
- Be registered in the UK