Event Date:Start at 3:00 PM
June 24, 2021
Are you looking to successfully start, expand or grow your UK business in Mexico?
International demand for UK goods and services is growing rapidly, offering a wealth of opportunities for SMEs looking to expand overseas.
Mexico is a trillion-dollar economy, enjoying stable economic conditions offering a strong economic foundation and multiple advantages for UK businesses looking to establish an international presence. The total trade in goods and services between the UK and Mexico was £5.1 billion in the four quarters to the end of Q1 2020 (ONS, 2020), demonstrating Mexico is a major trade destination for UK SMEs.
Why should you join this webinar?
This free webinar is designed to help your UK business understand the major market opportunities in Mexico, the benefits of expanding to this market and how to overcome barriers when doing business overseas.
Join us on Thursday, 24 June 2021 to hear from our market experts as they share insights, tips and strategies to expand your products or services in Mexico with success.
What will you learn?
- An overview of the current Mexican market
- Understand the cultural differences and considerations when doing business with Mexican people and companies
- Uncover the various business regulation considerations
- Learn how to formulate a market entry strategy for success
- Find out the barriers and common pitfalls facing UK exporters
- Receive advice and guidance from Mexican market expert
Meet our speakers
Mexico-UK Business Council, Operations Director
- Ana has over 10 years’ experience as an International Trade and Business Development Specialist across a range of sectors such as Digital Economy, Creative
- Industries, Retail, Food & Drink and Sports, among others.
- Experienced in Government Liaison, Market Analysis, Public Relations, Marketing & Advertising.
- She previously worked as Trade & Investment Officer at the UK Department for International Trade based in Mexico.
- Currently a founding partner of the Mexico-UK Business Council.
- Passionate about helping UK companies of all sizes build new contacts, providing market insights and raise awareness of the vast commercial developments in what is one of the most vibrant emerging markets in the world, Mexico.
Cristina Irving Turner
Department for International Trade, Latin America and the Caribbean Business Specialist
- Cristina Irving Turner is the Business Specialist for Latin America and the Caribbean at the Department for International Trade (DIT). This role is based in the UK and is the face of DIT-LATAC for UK business with the specific remit to actively promote trade between UK-LATAC.
- Prior to DIT, Cristina was the Business Manager for Latin America and the Caribbean (LATAC) at Emerald Publishing. Cristina has over ten years’ experience in the academic publishing industry; within both sales and editorial departments.
- Cristina relocated to Panama from the UK in 2016 to be on territory and to be a central part of the Emerald LATAC team. She is a Spanish and Portuguese speaker and has recently started learning French. Cristina graduated from the University of Sheffield, UK with a degree in Hispanic Studies and English Literature and as part of this focused on the cultural output and importance of the LATAC region.
Who is this webinar for?
This webinar is designed for ambitious UK SMEs looking to do business in Mexico and hear about the opportunities available for a successful expansion overseas.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition
- Be based in London or the South East of England
- Be registered in the UK