What Happens to your Non-Recyclables Londoners?
Amazingly Cory Riverside Energy use it to:
Power London’s homes
Build London’s infrastructure
“We are proud to provide a vital public service, and prevent unnecessary material being buried in landfill or exported abroad for others to deal with. By focusing on recycling and resource recovery, we keep materials in use for as long as possible and help grow London’s circular economy.”
- Our Materials Recycling Facility in Wandsworth processes recyclates for recycling markets.
- Our Household Waste and Recycling Centres give recyclable and reusable materials a second life.
- We relieve congestion and reduce air pollution on London’s roads by using the Thames to transport around 90% of the waste we manage.
- Our Riverside energy recovery facility processes waste and generates baseload partially renewable electricity for the UK’s national grid.
- The by-products from the incineration process, Incinerator Bottom Ash and Air Pollution Control Residue, provide aggregate and construction materials, reducing the need to quarry virgin materials.
- Recovered metals are separated and sent to be recycled into new products.
- We are working to use surplus steam from our energy recovery facility to heat nearby homes and businesses
- We are developing a battery storage system to supply additional power to the offsite distribution network at times of peak electrical demand.
Learn more at: https://www.coryenergy.com/