With a history dating back to 1903, Ferguson Marine (Port Glasgow) Limited, is the last remaining commercial shipbuilder on the lower Clyde, and is currently the only builder of merchant ships on the river.
Ferguson Marine has a proud shipbuilding heritage. Recent achievements include the building of three of the world’s first roll-on/roll-off Hybrid powered car ferries: MV Catriona, MV Hallaig and MV Lochinvar.
Ferguson Marine has been through significant change in recent years, culminating in the previous business entering Administration in August 2019. The shipyard was taken into public ownership by The Scottish Government in December 2019 and now trades as Ferguson Marine (Port Glasgow) Limited.
Currently, Ferguson Marine is focused on building MV Glen Sannox, which is Ferguson’s largest product ever built, and its sister ship currently known as Hull 802. There has been significant investment in the facilities developing a modern and capable shipyard.
The appointments will be publicised on the gov.scot website from 17 January 2022 with completed applications being submitted by midnight of 14 February 2022.