Event Date:Start at 11:00 AM
November 9, 2021
Santander, together with UK India Business Council would like to invite you to this exclusive webinar on the India Maritime Defence Sector.
At the May 2021 Summit the Prime Ministers of India and UK set out a shared vision for the UK-India defence partnership and agreed to advance the relationship to a new level. Both governments have agreed Joint Statement and a 2030 Roadmap, which includes a Free Trade Agreement. This marks the beginning of a promising new era for UK-India research, capability and industrial collaboration on Indian combat air, maritime propulsion, space, cyber security and beyond.
As Defence is one of the four pillars of the Roadmap, we are bringing together sector experts and industry leaders to provide valuable insights and knowledge on this sector with focus on the Indian market.
This webinar is supported by Make UK Defence, it aims to highlight opportunities in the Indian maritime defence supply chain for UK companies and to provide a briefing on the broad direction of the India-UK defence and maritime collaboration. Areas to be covered in the session would include
- A briefing on the India UK bilateral relationship and recent reforms announced by India
- Current and Upcoming Opportunities in the India Maritime defence sector
- How UK companies can access these opportunities and procurement processes
- Export Finance and support channels via UKEF
- Dominic Beales – First Secretary Defence and Security of India British High Commission, New Delhi;
- Commodore Bunty Sethi, Aerospace & Defence Director of UK India Business Council;
- Richard McCallum, Vice Chair of UK India Business Council;
- Chris Lynch, Director, Trade and Supply Chain Finance of Santander UK
Don’t miss the chance to hear from experts and leaders from the defence and marine sector.