Event Date:Start at 12:00 AM
December 2, 2020 - December 4, 2020
Collaboration, cooperation and risk management for casualty response and wreck removal.
The leading online meeting place for salvage and wreck professionals.
SALVAGE & WRECK 2020
Dialogue on the capability of salvors to manage major casualties in the future
- Is the current model for salvage sustainable in the long term?
- What do insurers want/need from salvors?
- Industry debate on measures to future proof salvage
Valuing the LOF: the insurance industry discusses pros and cons of the LOF
- What is the value of the immediacy of the LOF and the consequences of delay?
- Can H&M and P&I agree a simple process to decide on the right contract for a casualty?
- What are the views of others including cargo interests, brokers and loss adjustors
Managing casualty operations during a pandemic
- How does the pandemic impact on salvage and wreck removal operations?
- What are the implications for logistics, travel, costs and compensation?
- Can casualties be managed remotely? Hear a case study of casualty management under lockdown
Revising wreck removal contracts and processes for tendering
- Discuss the IG/ISU Code of Practice on wreck removal tendering
- Learn about the BIMCO QRA project and its implications