Event Date:Start at 12:00 AM
November 18, 2020 - November 19, 2020
The European Association of Universities in Marine Technology and Related Sciences (WEGEMT) and The Royal Institution of Naval Architects (RINA) are jointly organizing a 2-day course on “Green Shipping: Energy, Emissions & Economy”.
The course is mainly addressed to postgraduate university students (M.Sc. and PhD) and the professional profiles of managers, middle managers, specialists and qualified professionals in the field of marine technology.
Attendance at this course qualifies as Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and all participants will receive a CPD Certificate.
Below is the detailed schedule of the course:
Topics to be Covered Include:
- An overview of the criteria and trade-offs in relation to the economic and environmental performance of shipping
- Major environmental challenges that the shipping industry is facing today and the solutions that policy makers have selected to tackle them
- NOx and SOx emission control technologies
- Monitoring CO2 emissions
- Energy efficiency improvement for existing ships
- Present Green Shipping initiatives undertaken by the industry either collectively or at company level
- Automation and control
- Alternative marine fuels
- Optimisation of ship control systems
- Life Cycle thinking – Life Cycle assessment
Click here to register your interest in the WEGEMT Course on Green Shipping and receive updates as they become available.
This online couse is for students only.
For non students we will be hosting a similar event in spring 2020 please monitor our events page for further details.
The WEGEMT Course on Green Shipping conference will be held online using Zoom. https://zoom.us/
It is not necessary to have a Zoom account to attend the course, but those attending will be asked to download the Zoom App if not already downloaded. If you are unable to download, install, or run applications you may join from your browser. However, the meeting experience from the browser is limited.
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
RINA events provide the perfect opportunity for effective and highly targeted marketing.
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities exist for all of our conferences. For more information please follow the link or contact JP Media Services Tel: +44(0)1737 852 135 or e-mail: email@example.com to discuss tailored options or availability.
Continual Professional Development
Attendance at the RINA conferences and courses qualifies as Continuing Professional Development. Delegates at the course will receive a CPD Certificate