Underpinned by the wealth of expertise and knowledge of our staff base, and a presence in the marine industry stretching back over 100 years, Malin Group offers a comprehensive range of services and capabilities. Our dedicated team continue to provide a solid blend of theory, experience and practical knowledge to assist clients on complex global projects.
Our group of companies have been built from the ground up to offer seamless support to clients across the full range of design consultancy, marine operations and shipping, fabrication, installation and site maintenance services.
What we do:
The Malin Group represents a family of specialist marine engineering companies, based on the banks of the river Clyde in Glasgow.
· Malin Abram specialise in heavy lift project cargo shipping and handling. This includes full turnkey projects where all trailer hire, craneage, shipping, engineering, temporary steelwork fabrication, chartering and operational planning and oversight is managed and executed by one in-house team. Their specialist skills are also harnessed to deliver other heavy lift services such as third party warranty approvals and operational oversight, as well as design and fabrication of custom mechanical handling jigs, cradles and equipment.
· Malin Marine Services offer a range of through life services covering the full range of specialist on site welding, 3D laser scanning, hydraulics, refurbishments and marine repairs. Clients range from ferry, naval and commercial vessel operators to shipyards, marine civil contractors and marine infrastructure owners.
· Malin Marine Equipment offer a range of marine equipment both proprietary and manufactured under license. This encompasses watertight doors, hatches, ramps, A frames, davits, buoys and pipework. Access to other Group design resources means that anything in their published range can be altered to a client’s customs needs quickly and efficiently.
· Malin Augstea is a joint venture with an internationally renowned tug and barge owner. It brings into joint ownership a converted semi-submersible barge, which will be one of the largest in Europe. Expected delivery is summer 2021.
· The Scottish Marine Technology Park (SMTP) once complete, will include a large fabrication facility and a deepwater jetty with a 1,100 tonne ship hoist – the largest of its kind in Europe.
· Malin Newbuild specialises in the fabrication and outfit of complex marine equipment, structures and vessels to a client’s own set of drawings and specifications.
The Group work to support each of our companies through a network of central areas of expertise, spanning finance, quality assurance, human resources, strategic management, research and development and marketing and brand management. The Malin Group, across all of our business units, work worldwide, to provide a value add service across the marine industry.