Event Date:Start at 12:00 AM
June 24, 2020 - July 19, 2020
The 10-Year Review of the Thames Estuary 2100 Plan
We want your views on the future of the Thames Estuary and how the Environment Agency can work with our partners and stakeholders to manage rising sea levels, adapt to a changing climate and plan for the future of our riverside, today and into the next century.
We are now working on the first full review and update of the Thames Estuary 2100 Plan since it was published in 2012.
The Plan aims to protect 1.3 million people, £275 billion worth of property and infrastructure, and the vital institutional centres, business centres and world heritage sites within the estuary from increasing tidal flood risk: enabling sustainable development and protecting the social and commercial value of the Thames. It also recognises the opportunity for environmental benefits through protecting valuable intertidal habitat and introducing new green spaces and features throughout the estuary.
The 10-Year Review will use the latest evidence and data, expertise and collective knowledge, to revise the recommendations in the current Plan. We can’t manage flood risk alone. Communities, businesses, and organisations need to work together to plan for the impacts of climate change and rising sea levels in the Thames Estuary.
Why are we seeking your views?
This survey is an opportunity for you to share your views on the first 10 years of Thames Estuary 2100, and to tell us your priorities for the future. We need your input to make sure the updated Plan is accessible, user friendly and fit for the future.
As someone who lives in, works in or visits the Thames Estuary, you will be impacted by rising sea levels and the recommendations we make to manage them in future. We want to make sure the recommendations balance the needs of the estuary and its communities, businesses, and habitats.
This survey will be seeking to find out:
- how much communities and organisations working in the estuary understand about tidal flood risk, the Thames Estuary 2100 Plan and its aims
- how those with a role in delivering the Thames Estuary 2100 Plan have found using it for the past 10 years, their understanding of their role in managing tidal flood risk, and how it impacts their work
- the priorities for communities, organisations and businesses in the estuary and how these align with the Thames Estuary 2100 Plan
- how we could improve the updated Thames Estuary 2100 Plan to make it more user friendly
- if you would like to be involved throughout the review.
Find out more about Thames Estuary 2100
You can read more about Thames Estuary 2100 here: http://www.gov.uk/government/publications/thames-estuary-2100-te2100/thames-estuary-2100-te2100 and download a copy of the Plan here: http://www.gov.uk/government/publications/thames-estuary-2100-te2100