Event Date:Start at 12:00 AM
February 24, 2021
You are invited to join a tidal reliability webinar, hosted by the MONITOR project in collaboration with TIGER.
This event will focus on improvements to reliability modelling for tidal turbines, drawing on numerical and laboratory models, as well as real case studies.
- MONITOR & TIGER introduction & overview: Michael Togneri, Swansea University & Philipp Thies, University of Exeter
- ORE Catapult: Summary of VMEA
- TIGER case study – reliability & failures in tidal stream turbines: Philipp Thies, University of Exeter
- Lab work – measurements of loads & flow conditions: Myriam Slama, Université Le Havre Normandie
- BEMT – flow conditions, geometry & load prediction: Iestyn Evans, Swansea University
- TIGER case study – assessing the environmental impact of tidal turbine blades using CA: Stuart Walker, University of Exeter
- At-sea work – data available, measurement & analysis strategies: André Pacheco, Universidade do Algarve
- Panel discussion | collaboration & research priorities