Sussex based and SME Maritime Working Group Champions Lankelma aim is to be the best provider of cone penetration testing (CPT) services in the world, both in the quality of their data and the range of solutions to acquire this data. Lankelma offers a range of services in site investigation, consultancy and research. Their expertise is built on many years of successfully delivering CPTs and other in-situ testing methods for both on- and offshore ground investigations in the UK and around the world. Their experienced site teams travel nationwide and internationally to deliver professional, cost-effective site investigations for the production of a high-quality report with timely distribution. Site investigation services include activities, specialist in situ testing, sampling and geotechnical installations.
Lankelma’s has an enviable list of export success stories. In 2013 in Venezuela it carried out the soil investigation for a new bridge over Lake Maracaibo spending 9 months on site to carry out deep boreholes (80 meters) and CPT. Lankelma was brought in because of their excellent safety record and high quality of data. Lankelma brought all its equipment over to Venezuela including its jack up barge Sandpiper which is totally demountable and can be shipped anywhere in the world. Constant upgrades make sure that by having all equipment in house Lankelma can run the safest and most efficient operation. Gone are the days of the ropeladder with now a stairway making access and egress of the platform very easy.
Other notable export projects include :
- Gulf of Guinea – Investigations to position an exploration platform
- Guinea – Investigation for a port terminal extension
- Hong Kong – Investigations for a combined bridge and tunnel crossing
- Cameroon – Investigations on the critical path of exploration operations
- Congo – Investigation for the placement of an offshore drill rig
- France – IFA interconnector landfall
- UK/France – Gridlink interconnector landfall
- Ireland/Wales – Greenlink interconnector landfall
- Denmark/Germany – Fehmarnbelt drilling, sampling and wireline CPT for new tunnel foundations
Lankelma is now working in the North Sea off the Netherlands doing the soil investigation for the outfall of a powerplant. After that they will go on to the Port of Leith and then to Brazil for a port expansion.